Happy 1st Birthday, Run Linds Run!
I started this blog one year ago today! My first post (and many posts thereafter) were a bit of a mess, as I worked to develop my voice, writing-style, and content. While I still struggle to post as often as I want to, be as engaging and thoughtful as I can, and more, I’m happy with where this blog has taken me over the past year. I love being able to look back and read about training for my first marathon and everything that’s happened over the past year from simple workouts, fun vacations, PRs, and new friends! I didn’t have very many readers my first few months, as I was pretty bad about commenting on others’ blogs to get myself out there, and didn’t share my posts via Twitter since my account was private, but I think I’ve hit a nice groove and can’t wait to see where year 2 takes me.
For year 2, I am considering self-hosting my blog and purchasing a real domain name. What should it be called? I’m thinking I want something a bit simpler, like LindsayRuns.com. I tried to think of alternatives to encompass a wider ‘theme’, but honestly, my blog is mostly about running, and will continue to be. Over time, I’d love to add in more food via recipes and restaurants as well as a bit more about life as a 24 year old living and working in NYC, but running will always be at the core.
To celebrate, let’s take a walk down memory lane. Here are a few of my favorite posts from last year. Enjoy!
- One of my first tempos while training for the marathon, with my old school Nike+ SportBand Seriously, how did I live without my Garmin?
- Lessons learned during last year’s NYRR Marathon Tune-Up 18 Mile Run. Don’t eat a super rich dinner the night before; you WILL stop every mile to duck in the bushes…
- When I thought I’d run 20 miles at altitude in CO but nearly died instead.
- Why I love to run: Exploring new places!
- Marathon week is finally here! And notes on the last 10 miles of the NYC marathon course
- Tips for cold-weather running motivation and more tips for cold-weather running
- Reflections on the year 2010…getting a bit personal here
- Setting my 2011 goals and checking in on my 2011 goals
- Fun afternoon at the Institute of Culinary Education
- That time I ran a really awesome solo 10K workout but still thought I had low iron My results came back normal for low iron, but I was really feeling fatigued at the time. This workout really boosted my confidence going into the Half-Marathon
- My first CPTC workout…I was so scared and intimidated, but so glad I finally went!
- I remember what running with other people is like after running solo for about 1.5 years…
- A weekend back at my alma mater, Villanova
- I got a promotion at work!
- I toured a few wineries in NY and got pretty drunk
- Thoughts on body confidence. This post got a lot of views/comments! I feel best about myself when I focus on what my body can DO, versus how it LOOKS.
- NYC Summer Restaurant Week Recap: Park Avenue Summer, Blue Water Grill, Hurricane Club
- My 2011 NYC Marathon Training Plan: sub-3:00 or bust!
- A team workout, a friend’s running fundraiser, and froyo- it was so “me” and made me happy!
- Deciding to ditch training with my iPod; iPod free about 2 weeks and not looking back!
- Make your own pizza and red velvet cupcakes
- Cauliflower Mac n’ Cheese & Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- My favorite kale salad recipe…seriously I still make this about every other week
- I ran a Ragnar Relay! 200+ miles over 24 hours with a team of 12.
- 2010 NYC Marathon recap; first marathon EVER! 3:04:32
- 2011 NYC Half-Marathon recap: surprising PR of 1:24:23!
- 2011 Healthy Kidney 10K recap; at the time, I was kinda disappointed. But it ended up being one of the faster 10Ks I’ve raced…
- 2011 Mini 10K recap: this was one of my worst races in a while. I actually cried afterwards.
- 2011 Brooklyn Half-Marathon recap: my first race for CPTC, not close to a PR but finished 5th for the team
- 2011 NYRR Team Championships recap: this was not a pretty race, but had a lot of fun team-bonding/drinking afterwards