I just wrapped up a GREAT 6 days of running, and can’t wait for tomorrow’s well-deserved day OFF! I’m also happy to report that I hit around 53.5 miles this week, my first week over 50 in a long time.
I had been hitting 46 miles the past few weeks, 6 days a week with either 1 day off or 1 day X-training instead of off. Since we’re officially in September now, I need to ramp it up a bit more. Luckily, my legs agreed with me while increasing mileage this week, which made it actually enjoyable. I definitely feel a bit less sluggish on my ‘recovery’ runs and didn’t feel the need to stop at every water fountain in sight.
Here’s a quick recap of my week. All runs around 7:20/7:30 pace unless noted, give or take…again, I estimate.
- Sunday the 29th: 10 miles
- Monday the 30th: 9.3 total, with a 6 mile tempo average around 6:55 pace
- Tuesday the 31st: 5 miles easy recovery, closer to 7:45/8 min pace
- Wednesday the 1st: 15 miles long run!
- Thursday the 2nd: 7.2 miles
- Friday the 3rd: 7 miles
Now to enjoy a nice weekend at the beach, next week holds a 16 miler! 2 hours of running, here I come.